Instagram is not just a social media platform to share your photos and communicate with your friends through memes. Oh no. The trending visual channel has also become a serious money-making tool for celebrities, influencers and brands.
Do you have any idea of how much Instagram’s top celebs and influencers are making through the platform? We do! Based on internal HopperHQ data and public information, we have compiled this “Instagram’s Rich List” that will make your jaw drop.
The top 10 in the 2017 Celebrity Instagram Rich List are:
- Selena Gomez – 122 million followers – $550,000 per post
- Kim Kardashian – 100 million followers – $500,000 per post
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 104 million followers – $400,000 per post
- Kylie Jenner – 95 million followers – $400,000 per post
- Kendall Jenner – 81.7 million followers – $370,000 per post
- Khloe Kardashian – 68 million followers – $250,000 per post
- Kourtney Kardashian – 57.8 million followers – $250,000 per post
- Cara Delevingne – 40.4 million followers – $150,000 per post
- Gigi Hadid 34.7 million followers – $120,000 per post
- Lebron James – 30.7 million followers – $120,000 per post
Schedule your Instagram posts.
Fully automated posts. No phone required.
The top 10 in the 2017 Influencer Instagram Rich List are:
- Huda Kattan – 20.5 million followers – $18,000 per post
- Cameron Dallas – 19.8 million followers – $17,000 per post
- Jen Selter – 11.3 million followers – $15,000 per post
- Zoella – 11.1 million followers – $14,000 per post
- Nash Grier – 10.2 million followers – $13,000 per post
- Chiara Ferragni – 9.7 million followers – $12,000 per post
- Julie Sarinara – 4.6 million followers – $10,000 per post
- Aimee Song – 4.6 million followers – $9,000 per post
- Danielle Bernstein – 1.7 million followers – $7,000 per post
- Liz Eswein – 1.3 million followers – £6,000 per post
We also thought this information would be interesting considering Instagram recently announced that they have asked users who post sponsored content to clearly show they are being paid to post by using a ‘paid partnership’ label.
Delving a little deeper, HopperHQ the Instagram Scheduling tool analysed the 1.2 million posts scheduled through the platform, and discovered that only a fifth (21%) of sponsored posts were clear that the user had been paid to post content. It also discovered that on average, 1in 20 Instagram users now monetise their posts and sponsored content has increased by more than a third on Instagram (34%) since 2015!
Mike Bandar, co-founder of HopperHQ.com said,
“Instagram is now an incredibly effective marketing tool for brands and it’s fascinating to see how celebrities and influencers are able to monetise their accounts to so effectively. With approximately 700 million active monthly users across the world, it offers a wealth of potential customers for brands that have the budget to harness the influence of the people on our lists, and a chance for people to make a real career out of ‘gramming’.
“In the last couple of years influencers and celebrities have really caught on to the fact that endorsing brands on Instagram pays off, and as you can see from our Rich Lists, there is a serious amount of money to be made. However, it is important that Instagram users are aware their favourite celebs and bloggers are being paid to promote products and services so they can understand when they are being sold to as part of content. The recent introduction of the ‘paid partnership’ label will go some way to ensuring there’s more transparency on the platform.”
Fancy becoming an Instagram Influencer and get paid to post on Instagram? Gain thousands of followers and hundreds of likes per post? Well to become an Influencer you need to up your Instagram game and we, at Hopper HQ have created a course to take you from zero all the way to Insta fame, so you can learn how to become an Instagram Influencer. You can get more information about the course Everything Instagram – The Ultimate Instagram Marketing Course here, or click below to sign up!
The Ultimate Instagram Course
Learn how to build a relevant & engaged following. Create better content & leverage Instagram for your business.Register Now
Free for Hopper HQ customers • Updated October 2017