Both newbies and YouTube veterans are continuously trying to figure out how to get more subscribers on YouTube. This article will hopefully help you find new ways of growing your channel.
YouTube is a powerful platform that helps you reach a global audience and build a successful brand. But with over 2.7 billion active users, it’s difficult to stand out from the crowd.
One of the best ways to increase your visibility and reach more viewers is to grow your subscriber base.
Several factors contribute to your YouTube success, but subscribers are one of the most important. When people subscribe to your channel, they essentially say they want to see more of your content. This is a valuable signal to YouTube, influencing how your videos are ranked and promoted.
Having more YouTube subscribers means that more people will see your videos. It also means you will be more likely to be featured in YouTube’s recommended section. This leads to a significant increase in views, engagement, and watch time.
If you are a content creator, you may be wondering how to get subscribers on YouTube. In this article, we will discuss some of the most effective strategies on how to grow subscribers on YouTube.
Why Should You Grow Your YouTube Subscribers?
There are many reasons why you should grow your YouTube subscribers. Here are a few of the most important ones:
1)Increased brand awareness:
Having a large number of subscribers helps you increase brand awareness for your business or personal brand. When people see that you have a lot of subscribers, they are more likely to trust you and your content.
2) More leads and sales:
If you are using YouTube to promote your business, having more YouTube subscribers can help you generate more leads and sales. When people subscribe to your channel, they are more likely to watch your videos and learn about your products or services.
3) More opportunities for collaboration:
As your YouTube channel grows, you will start to attract the attention of other YouTubers and brands. This leads to opportunities for collaboration, which can help you reach a wider audience and grow your channel even faster.
4) More social proof:
Having a large number of subscribers is a form of social proof. When people see that you have a lot of subscribers, they are more likely to believe that your content is worth watching. This leads to more views, engagement, and subscribers.
In addition to these benefits, having many YouTube subscribers can also give you more influence and credibility.
9 Ways to Get More YouTube Subscribers
1) Use YouTube Shorts
YouTube Shorts is Google’s shot at short-form content like reels. Shorts are an excellent way to reach a new audience and attract new subscribers to your channel.
Learn about the best dimensions for YouTube shorts.
Here are some of the ways that YouTube Shorts can help you gain YouTube subscribers:
- The Shorts feed: This means that people can discover your Shorts even if they are not subscribed to your channel.
- Easy to create and share: You can create Shorts using just your phone and the YouTube app.
- Popular with younger viewers: If you are targeting a younger audience, Shorts are a great way to reach them.
- Use to promote your longer videos: You can include links to them in your Shorts to encourage people to watch them.
Learn how to schedule YouTube shorts here.
2) Publishing Long Videos
Long videos are also important for getting more YouTube subscribers. Long videos allow you to go into more depth on your topics and build a stronger connection with your viewers.
When publishing long videos, make sure that they are well-produced and informative. Your videos should be at least 10 minutes long, but longer videos are even better – but not too long.
When creating long-form videos keep these two factors in mind:
- Long videos should not just be long for the sake of it. The content should be engaging, well-researched, and relevant to your audience. Dive deep into the subject matter, provide unique insights, and ensure that every minute of your video adds value to the viewer.
- Structure Your Videos: A well-structured video keeps viewers engaged. Start with a compelling introduction that outlines what the video will cover. Use clear sections or chapters, especially for videos longer than 20 minutes. This helps viewers navigate the content and stay engaged.
3) Collaborate With Other YouTubers
Collaborating with another YouTuber is a great way to cross-promote your channels and reach a new audience. When you collaborate with other YouTubers in your niche or related fields, you tap into their audience, gaining exposure to a whole new set of potential subscribers, and vice versa.
This can lead to a significant increase in subscribers for both channels.
Here is a quick rundown on how to create a Youtube collaboration:
- Choose the right collaborator: Look for YouTubers who share the same target audience but provide a different angle or perspective to your focus topic areas.
- Mutually agree on the content: Work together to figure out what type of videos would benefit both sides and how to make the most noise.
- Promote each other’s channels: It’s not only about posting that one collab video. To get the best results each channel has the responsibility to promote the other.
- Measure the Impact: Use analytics to track the impact of the collaboration on your subscriber count and viewer engagement. This data can help you understand what works and refine future collaborations.
4) Using Eye-Catching Thumbnails
Your thumbnail is the first thing that people see when they browse YouTube, so it’s important to make a good impression. A well-designed thumbnail can help you grab attention and encourage people to click on your video.
Thumbnails are often the first thing viewers notice. A compelling thumbnail can make the difference between a viewer clicking on your video or scrolling past it. It’s your first opportunity to grab attention in a crowded digital space.
Compelling thumbnails spark curiosity and set the stage for a positive viewing experience They directly impact your video’s CTR. If your video delivers, viewers are likelier to subscribe and eager for more great content.
5) Promote Videos on The End Screen
Your end screen is an excellent place to promote your other videos and encourage people to subscribe to your channel. When people finish watching one of your videos, they will see your end screen.
Your end screen can include up to four videos. You can choose to promote your other popular videos, related videos, or even playlists. You should also add a subscribe button to your end screen. This will make it easy for people to subscribe to your channel after watching one of your videos.
Utilizing end screens effectively ensures that your audience is not just exposed to a single video but has an easy pathway to discover more of your work, thereby increasing the chances of them subscribing to your channel. It’s a simple yet powerful tool to keep viewers within your content ecosystem, thereby boosting your subscriber rates.
6) Run Contests and Giveaways
Running contests and giveaways is a wonderful way to attract new subscribers and engage your existing audience. When you offer a prize your target audience is interested in, people will be likelier to subscribe to your channel and enter the contest or giveaway.
Contests and giveaways generate a lot of engagement, including views, likes, comments, and shares. This helps to boost your channel’s visibility and reach more people.
Here are a few reasons to run a contest or giveaway:
- Subscriber Incentives: You can make a subscription a requirement for entering the contest or giveaway. People who might not have subscribed otherwise might do so to participate in the contest.
- Viral Potential: Well-crafted contests or giveaways have the potential to go viral. Participants may share the contest with friends or on social media, increasing their reach.
- Community Building: Contests that involve viewer participation, like submitting their own videos or voting for their favorite entries, can create a sense of community.
7) Engage With Audience
This is probably the easiest way to build a community around your channel.
Regular interaction with your viewers turns a passive audience into an active community. Responding to comments, addressing viewers by name, and acknowledging their input makes them feel valued and part of a larger community, fostering loyalty and increasing the likelihood of them subscribing.
Hearting comments is another simple way to show your appreciation for your viewers’ feedback. It is also a great way to encourage people to keep commenting.
The best part is that these comments and reactions are featured at the top of that video’s comments section – highlighting your appreciation for your YouTube subscribers.
8) Maintain a Consistent Schedule
A good schedule can help grow your channel in several ways:
- Consistency: If you upload videos consistently, your viewers are aware of when to anticipate your content. This can build anticipation and excitement for your videos.
- Algorithm: YouTube’s algorithm favors channels that upload new videos regularly. This is because it shows that you are an active and engaged creator.
- Habits: When you watch your favorite YouTubers, you probably have a habit of checking their channels for new videos on a certain day of the week or time of day. The same thing can be said for your viewers.
When you upload new videos on a regular schedule, you are helping to create a habit for your viewers to check your channel for new content.
Hopper HQ is a social media scheduling tool that can help you create and stick to a video publishing schedule. Hopper HQ allows you to schedule your videos in advance, so you can spend your time creating great content instead of worrying about when to upload it.
Its content calendar is an excellent way to plan out your videos in advance. You can use Hopper HQ to create a content calendar that includes the topics of your videos, the dates you want to upload them, and any other relevant information.
9) Optimize Your Videos For Search
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, after Google. This means that people are constantly searching for videos to watch on YouTube. If you want your videos to be seen by more people, you must optimize them for search.
Here are some tips for optimizing your videos for search:
- Use relevant keywords: Keeping relevant keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags helps with SEO. When people search for videos on YouTube, they are more likely to click on videos that have relevant keywords in the titles, descriptions, and tags.
- Use long-tail keywords: Long keywords are more precise and lower competition compared to short-tail keywords – which makes it easier for your content to rank for these keywords.
- Use synonyms and related keywords: Don’t just focus on one keyword. Use synonyms and related keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags to reach a wider audience.
- Use relevant categories and tags: When you upload a video, YouTube will suggest some categories and tags. Choose categories and tags that are relevant to your video.
Consistency Brings Growth
Remember, quality content is the foundation, but effective video optimization, audience engagement, and clever promotional strategies are the building blocks to channel growth. It’s not just about gaining subscribers – it’s about building a loyal audience that values and supports your work.
As you embark on this exciting journey to YouTube stardom, remember it takes time and dedication. Be patient, be authentic, and most importantly, have fun.
If you are serious about growing your YouTube channel, sign up for a free trial of Hopper HQ. Hopper HQ can help you create and stick to a video publishing schedule, promote your videos on social media, and track your performance.
With Hopper HQ, you can save time, reach a wider audience, and grow your YouTube channel faster.
Sign up for a free trial of Hopper HQ today and start growing your YouTube channel.